I Am an Iranian Daughter

Iran`s Historical Monuments,Iranian`s ceremonies,and some times my Thoughts, Diary...

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Tonight is the second night of winter in Iran.
I like this season. In Iran, it starts with a celebration (Yalda) and finishes with another celebration( Nowrooz).
Iranian celebrate the first night of winter because it is the longest night of year. At this night they invite freinds and relatives or accept their invitation. they come to gether and eat different kinds of fruits and read Hafez and ....
One of the special and popular fruits in the night is water-melon.
My family celebrated the night ( Yalda) with my sister`s family and brother`s family.
Yalda means time of born. Some historians believe that it refers to the birth of Jesis Crise.
P.S Happy the night of Jesis birthday. The prophet nad massenger of kindness nad blessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home