I Am an Iranian Daughter

Iran`s Historical Monuments,Iranian`s ceremonies,and some times my Thoughts, Diary...

Monday, May 10, 2004

(About Isfahan)
THE SAREBAN MINARET
The sareban minaret was built in the Seljuk period (11th- 13th century). The minaret was part of a destroyed mosque. It is about 130 feet high. The minaret displays a beautiful sample of the Seljuk period, which was one of the most brilliant periods in the history of Iranian art and architecture.
Among Isfahanians it is used as a proverb to show some thing /somebody�s height.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great post. I was searching on google for Minarets and came across this - it's exactly what I needed. Although, I think actually it's closer to 160 feet tall, but i'm not positive. Thanks for the information, if it's ok with you I would like to use it in a History class project. Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home