I Am an Iranian Daughter

Iran`s Historical Monuments,Iranian`s ceremonies,and some times my Thoughts, Diary...

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

In the museum (national water museum), there were different levels for water, such as tube level, glass level and triangular level. They were used by Iranian many years ago to determined level of water in different lands.
Also there were scaled water clocks in ancient Iran and after. Two famous scientists; Haseb Karaji (4 century AH, Isfahan) and Mahmoud Khojandi (4 century AH, Khojand) who are famous in innovation and maker of measuring and surveying earth slope equipment and qanat slope indicator have played an important role in history of Iran water.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Madam
I am an expert working for the International Center on Qanats and Historic Hydraulic Structures under the auspices of UNESCO, based in Yazd. I was just surfing the webs when I bumped into your interesting weblog. It is very informative. Thanks a lot. I hope you forgive my meddling poking my nose into your profile. Sorry :) just there I learnt that you are interested in the hydraulic historic structures as well as you are involved in leading tours to Yazd. Fantastic! It would be a great pleasure for me if I can help you in this respect off course if needed.
Please get in touch with me.
Best wishes
Majid Labbaf
For your kind information:
My email: labbaf_majid@yahoo.com
Tel: 0351-8250553
Mobile: 09132586196

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home